IN THE NEWS
- The City will hold a Public Hearing on the upcoming 2017-2018 Municipal Budget on Thursday, August 24th, 2017 at 6:00 PM at the Public Safety Building.
- The City will a Public Meeting for the purpose of receiving input on the following: AMENDMENT TO ARTICLE III – CONDITIONAL USE REGULATIONS UNIFIED ZONING ORDINANCE SECTION 3-3. MOBILE HOMES on Thursday, August 24th, 2017 at 6:30 PM at the Public Safety Building.
- THE CITY OF LORIS, SC is accepting sealed bid proposalsfor pest control services. Mark envelope “Pest Control Bid”.
Bid proposals will be accepted at Loris City Hall, 4101 Walnut
Street, Loris, SC 29569 until 5pm, on Thursday, August 31,
- The city reserves the right to accept or reject any and all
bids and to waive informalities.
- THE CITY OF LORIS, SC is accepting sealed bid proposalsfor Public Works uniforms. Mark envelope “Public Works
Uniform Bid”. Bid proposals will be accepted at Loris City
Hall, 4101 Walnut Street, Loris, SC 29569 until 5pm, on
Thursday, August 31, 2017. The city reserves the right to accept
or reject any and all bids and to waive informalities.
NOTICE OF GENERAL NONPARTISAN ELECTION
COUNTY OF HORRY
STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
CITY OF LORIS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to an Ordinance duly adopted by the CITY OF LORIS, SC, a general nonpartisan election will be held in the City of Loris, South Carolina, on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 for the purpose of electing three (3) council members of the City Council for a term of four (4) years. Candidates shall file a Statement of Candidacy, Statement of Economic Interest, and pay the required filing fee. The filing fee for Council members is $50.00 and shall be paid to the City Clerk during regular working hours of the City. Candidates must be qualified electors of the City. The books for filing will open at noon on September 21, 2017 and close at noon on October 6, 2017.
POLLING PLACES SHALL BE: EAST LORIS PRECINCT (LORIS ELEMENTART SCHOOL AT HIGHWAY 9 BUSINESS EAST) AND WEST LORIS PRECINCT (CITY OF LORIS PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING AT 3909 WALNUT STREET). The polls will open at 7:00 o’clock in the forenoon and close at 7:00 o’clock in the afternoon on the date fixed for the election.
MANAGERS OF ELECTION will be appointed by the Municipal Election Commission for the City of Loris.
The Municipal Election Commission will hold a hearing at 10:30 AM on Thursday, December 7, 2017 at Loris City Council Chambers for the purpose of certifying the election results. Any runoff will be held two weeks after the election, Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR VOTING
- REGISTRATION: Every person offering to vote must be duly registered on Horry County Books of Registration as an elector at the precinct in which he/she offers to vote. The last day to register by mail or in person is November 5, 2017.
- QUALIFICATIONS AS TO RESIDENCE: Every person offering to vote must have resided in the State Of South Carolina, in the County of Horry, in the City of Loris, and in the precinct in which he/she offers to vote for not less than sixty (60) days prior to the election.
CITY OF LORIS MUNICIPAL ELECTION COMMISSION
4101 Walnut Street P.O. Box 548 RONALD FOWLER
Loris, S.C. 29569-0548 MELZETTA GORE
Henry L. Nichols VENSON POWERS