- Community Information
- Mayor and Council
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Municipal Court
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Boards & Committees
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Bids for Purchases or Contracts
- Residents / Departments
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Notice of Special Nonpartisan Election
NOTICE OF SPECIAL NONPARTISAN ELECTION
COUNTY OF HORRY
STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
CITY OF LORIS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to an Ordinance duly adopted by the CITY OF LORIS, SC, a special nonpartisan election will be held in the City of Loris, South Carolina, on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 for the purpose of electing one (1) council member of the City Council for the remainder of an existing four (4) year term. Candidates shall file a Statement of Candidacy, Statement of Economic Interest, and pay the required filing fee. The filing fee for Council members is $50.00 and shall be paid to the City Clerk during regular working hours of the City. Candidates must be qualified electors of the City. The books for filing will open at noon on March 23, 2018 and close at noon on April 2, 2018.
POLLING PLACES SHALL BE: EAST LORIS PRECINCT (LORIS ELEMENTART SCHOOL AT HIGHWAY 9 BUSINESS EAST) AND WEST LORIS PRECINCT (CITY OF LORIS PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING AT 3909 WALNUT STREET). The polls will open at 7:00 o’clock in the forenoon and close at 7:00 o’clock in the afternoon on the date fixed for the election.
MANAGERS OF ELECTION will be appointed by the Municipal Election Commission for the City of Loris.
The Municipal Election Commission will hold a hearing at 10:30 AM on Thursday, May 31, 2018 at Loris City Council Chambers for the purpose of certifying the election results. Any runoff will be held two weeks after the election, Tuesday, June 12, 2018.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR VOTING
- REGISTRATION: Every person offering to vote must be duly registered on Horry County Books of Registration as an elector at the precinct in which he/she offers to vote. The last day to register by mail or in person is April 28, 2018.
- QUALIFICATIONS AS TO RESIDENCE: Every person offering to vote must have resided in the State Of South Carolina, in the County of Horry, in the City of Loris, and in the precinct in which he/she offers to vote for not less than sixty (60) days prior to the election.
CITY OF LORIS MUNICIPAL ELECTION COMMISSION
4101 Walnut Street P.O. Box 548 RONALD FOWLER
Loris, S.C. 29569-0548 MELZETTA GORE
Henry L. Nichols VENSON POWERS